- HOLIDAYS in the UK
- Welcome to Boating Holidays in the UK and Ireland. Drive a narrowboat on scenic canals in England, Wales and Ireland, and in Scotland near Edinburgh at the Falkirk Wheel. Hire a cruiser or yacht on the Norfolk Broads, River Thames, or Yorkshire Ouse. Ireland by boat - Explore the River Shannon, River Barrow or Grand Canal. Hire a cruiser or yacht on Loch Ness and the Caledonian Canal.
We hope that you will find your ideal holiday afloat in our pages.
(Added: 19-Jan-2004 Hits: 1750 Rating: 9.35 Votes: 167) Rate It
- Latelink Boating Holidays.
- This is where Europe's leading Boating Holiday companies sell their last minute and late availability holidays, normally at very special rates, unavailable anywhere else.
(Added: 21-Jan-2004 Hits: 1432 Rating: 9.50 Votes: 49) Rate It
- Leeds & Liverpool Canal
- This is the longest canal in Britain built as a single waterway - yet one of the least busy.
One of three trans-Pennine waterways, the Leeds and Liverpool Canal is 127 miles long and, via its connection with the Aire & Calder at Leeds, offers a coast-to-coast route across the north of England...more
(Added: 21-Aug-2004 Hits: 1463 Rating: 9.15 Votes: 81) Rate It
- London Canal Museum .
- London Canal Museum works with local community narrowboats which are often used to enable groups of children, disabled people, or retired people, and others, a combined day out involving a visit to the Museum and a trip on the canal, perhaps including the navigation of Islington Tunnel. Community Narrowboats are important partners in the museum's education work and often introduce young people to the canals.
(Added: 7-Mar-2004 Hits: 1351 Rating: 9.25 Votes: 79) Rate It
- Severn boats and boating.
- Motor boat cruising on the River Severn and Bristol Channel with maps. Notes on tides and bores. Includes the Sharpness canal and River Avon. Links to marinas, yacht clubs, riverside towns, weather forecasts and other boating sites.
(Added: 22-Jan-2004 Hits: 1171 Rating: 9.35 Votes: 49) Rate It
- Steam narrow boat President.
- President is an ex FMC steam narrow boat, now owned by the Black Country Living Museum at Dudley. The museum is assisted in maintaining and operating the boat by the "Friends of President". This website contains a lot of detail on the engineering, operation, history etc of the steam narrowboat President and the butty Kildare.
(Added: 7-Mar-2004 Hits: 963 Rating: 9.95 Votes: 62) Rate It
- The Boat Museum in Ellesmere Port
- VISIT THIS UNIQUE AWARD WINNING CANAL MUSEUM AND SEE THE WORLD'S LARGEST FLOATING COLLECTION OF INLAND WATERWAYS CRAFT. At The Boat Museum in Ellesmere Port we bring Britain's canal history back to life. Come and explore the exhibitions in the historic dock complex and experience life aboard our collection of canal and river craft.
(Added: 17-Apr-2005 Hits: 809 Rating: 9.35 Votes: 89) Rate It
- The Bridgewater Canal
- Welcome to the Bridgewater Canal, an historic strategically located private navigation. A detailed description of this canal, from Preston Brook to Manchester, including Boatyards, water holes and days out.
(Added: 6-May-2004 Hits: 1379 Rating: 9.01 Votes: 55) Rate It
- The Canal Route Planner
- The intention is to provide a simple route planner for anyone using the Inland Waterway system of the United Kingdom with charts showing the number of miles, locks and the time that should be allocated for travelling between two places. The times are depicted in decimals of an hour, more helpful for adding together if you are cruising more than one canal, and hrs. & min.
(Added: 15-May-2006 Hits: 395 Rating: 9.35 Votes: 11) Rate It
- The Kennet and Avon Canal Trust
- The Trust has been in existence for over 40 years. It was formed to restore the, then closed, Kennet & Avon Canal from Reading to Bristol as a "through" navigation and as a public amenity. The Trust's membership reflects the wide range of leisure activities - boating, cycling, fishing, walking, pursuit of wildlife and heritage interests - that the public can enjoy along the 87 mile length of the Canal.
(Added: 21-Jul-2005 Hits: 1285 Rating: 9.11 Votes: 57) Rate It
- The Llangollen Canal
- A brief synopsis of the Llangollen Canal...including pictures and an outline of available Public Houses to visit that are close to a canal mooring.
(Added: 15-May-2006 Hits: 386 Rating: 9.25 Votes: 6) Rate It
- The Montgomery Canal
- Welcome to the Montgomery Canal Web-site. Bringing to you up-to-date news and information on all matters appertaining to the Montgomery Canal. Covers the canal from its junction with the Llangollen at Frankton Locks in Shropshire to its original destination of Newtown in Powys.
(Added: 13-May-2006 Hits: 338 Rating: 9.05 Votes: 23) Rate It