- British Waterways.
- British Waterways is the organisation responsible for maintaining 2,000 miles (3,220km) of this inland waterway network today so that people can use it for a wide range of leisure activities.
(Added: 21-Jan-2004 Hits: 2549 Rating: 9.15 Votes: 76) Rate It
- Pennine Waterways
- This website is dedicated to the canals of the South Pennines, UK, including photographic virtual cruises along these canals.
The site also features extensive photo reports on the completed restoration work on the Huddersfield and Rochdale canals.
(Added: 21-Apr-2004 Hits: 2744 Rating: 9.35 Votes: 112) Rate It
- Residential Boat Owners’ Association.
- Established in 1963 the Residential Boat Owners' Association exists to act in and to further the interests of boat dwellers on the coasts, rivers and canals of Britain. If you live on a boat, you should definitely consider becoming a member. Or if you don't live on a boat yet, why not start with the Question and Answer or Life Afloat sections?
(Added: 7-Mar-2004 Hits: 2679 Rating: 9.35 Votes: 97) Rate It
- Shropshire Union Canal Society
- The Society was formed in 1968 to promote interest in the past, present and future of 158 miles of canal. This embraces the Main Line of the Shropshire Union, from Ellesmere Port to Autherley Junction, the Llangollen Canal, the Middlewich Arm, the Montgomery Canal and the line and remnants of the Shrewsbury and Newport Canal.
(Added: 21-Jun-2004 Hits: 2134 Rating: 9.25 Votes: 88) Rate It
- The Inland Waterways Association
- We are continually campaigning for the conservation, use, maintenance, restoration and development of the inland waterways. We include Festivals, Restorations, Waterway Information, Freight Carrying, The Waterway Recovery Group, Waterways Fact Sheets, Membership information and much more.
(Added: 21-Jan-2004 Hits: 2598 Rating: 9.55 Votes: 112) Rate It
- Waterscape.com is the brand new guide to enjoying the waterways - on foot, by boat or by cycle. Find out where you want to go with our comprehensive Waterways Guide, then book your perfect boating or cottage holiday online. With full events listings, walk suggestions and cycle routes, Waterscape.com makes it easy to discover Britain's waterways.
(Added: 21-Jan-2004 Hits: 2805 Rating: 9.45 Votes: 211) Rate It
- Anderton Boat Lift
- Located near Northwich in Cheshire, the Anderton Boat Lift is one of the greatest monuments to Britain's last canal age and known as the "Cathedral of the Canals".
Built in 1875 it was the world's first and is currently the UK's only Boat Lift.
(Added: 25-Aug-2004 Hits: 1625 Rating: 8.99 Votes: 112) Rate It
- Boating & Water on the Norfolk & Suffolk Broads
- The Norfolk Broads web site is Your Webguide to East Anglia with the Boating, Sailing, Accommodation, Attractions and Business guide for East Anglia and the East of England UK.
You can experience that tradition of the Norfolk Broads with the opportunity to travel along over 200 miles of beautiful inland waterways. It's truly a water enthusiasts paradise, the likes of which cannot be found anywhere else within the UK.
(Added: 15-May-2006 Hits: 583 Rating: 9.45 Votes: 6) Rate It
- Canal Junction
- The comprehensive canal guide and leisure directory. Maps, history, culture, engineering, museums, folk art, hotel boats, boatyards, boat brokers, narrowboat holiday hire firms, hints for first timers & more.
(Added: 21-Apr-2004 Hits: 1713 Rating: 9.05 Votes: 76) Rate It
- Canal Shop Company
- Shop specialising in Canal and Inland Waterway related items. Canal maps and guides, oval brass plaques and horse brasses, videos, DVDs and much more. We also have an extensive Inland Waterway Directory A - Z from Associations to Tunnels.
(Added: 27-Jul-2004 Hits: 1731 Rating: 9.26 Votes: 144) Rate It
- Canals & Waterways: Roots & Routes
- Welcome to Canals & Waterways: Roots & Routes, the website dedicated to the history and routes of Britain's Inland Waterways. Almost every British canal, whether navigable, derelict or under restoration is described here. Many river navigation's (including all of the Norfolk Broads waterways) are also included.
(Added: 13-Oct-2005 Hits: 549 Rating: 9.25 Votes: 45) Rate It
- Chas. Hardern's Boats.
- Affordable narrowboat hire on England's canals with this friendly family firm. We are based beneath Cheshire's castles and aim to give you a relaxing enjoyable holiday. Canal holiday cruising opens up a world only seen in dreams, or occasionally glimpsed in a very old engraving!
(Added: 21-Jan-2004 Hits: 1784 Rating: 9.69 Votes: 87) Rate It
- DBA - The Barge Association.
- For all those interested in ex-commercial barges
or any other type of broad-beam inland waterways craft
Open to everybody, with or without a boat or barge,
who is (or would like to be)
living in, cruising in, converting, or just relaxing aboard such vessels.
(Added: 7-Mar-2004 Hits: 1519 Rating: 9.45 Votes: 67) Rate It